All the way back in September I was given a huge ball of green Merino wool to spin. It’s taken me 2 months to finish it, but it was a good learning experience.
I did 3 skeins of true 3-ply, (my first) using my new Lazy Kate. I learned that to create a nice defined 3-ply I should hold each single at an angle from all the others. I did 2 skeins of Navajo Plied yarn, (also my first) and figured out that I either over-spun or over-plied it, because while all 3 skeins of 3-ply were balanced, both of my Navajo plied skeins were unbalanced.
I also did my second attempt at corespinning with this wool. This time my corespinning turned out much better than the first attempt. I tried this time to spin it thinner, so therefore it wouldn’t be as chunky and get caught in the orifice.
I got around 550 – 600 yards out of this, not counting the 30 or so yards of corespun.
Free Range Bunnies
Steffy (Stefano) has escaped from his cage three times and has been found wandering around the yard! At first I thought I had left his cage door open by accident, but the third time he escaped I had just groomed him and put him back in his cage, so I knew I had fastened the latch right! I watched him for a minute and figured out that the little bugger had been biting the wire of the cage door and shaking it as hard as he could. If he did it for long enough the latch would come unhooked, and then, bunny freedom! I soon fixed that!
Well, thanks for reading! God Bless, Rebekah
3 thoughts on “The Results of 1 lb of Merino!… and the Escapee”
Your yarn looks good to me! And you are one strict bunny minder! 🙂
What beautiful yarn! It’s good you figured out your bunnies trick before he escaped your yard! Keep up the good work!
Beautiful yarn! I love the story of you outsmarting Mr. Steffano!