About 3 weeks ago Chloe had 4 adorable kits! Right now they are at the peak of baby cuteness.
This was an accidental litter of Chloe, (Black Tort) X Andre (Chocolate Tort). (Rabbits are very sneaky!) I think there are 2 males and 2 females, 3 Black Torts and possibly one Blue Tort.
I am excited to see how the possible Blue Tort develops… I’m tempted to keep her. She is the runt of the litter and is very highly shaded. She is the one farthest to the left in the picture above – you can see how she is shaded compared to her littermate.
This litter will be ready to go to new homes by October 25, but you can reserve one until they are old enough to leave their mother! Contact me, and we can work something out. The babies will be $25 each or $45 for two, with partial pedigree.
The babies are 2.5 weeks old, and at the peak of cuteness. Enjoy!
This litter’s colors are 3 black and 2 agouti. I will be keeping one of the black ones if it is a doe, but the rest I will be selling, so feel free to leave a comment and reserve a bunny for you!
All the way back in September I was given a huge ball of green Merino wool to spin. It’s taken me 2 months to finish it, but it was a good learning experience.
I did 3 skeins of true 3-ply, (my first) using my new Lazy Kate. I learned that to create a nice defined 3-ply I should hold each single at an angle from all the others. I did 2 skeins of Navajo Plied yarn, (also my first) and figured out that I either over-spun or over-plied it, because while all 3 skeins of 3-ply were balanced, both of my Navajo plied skeins were unbalanced.
I also did my second attempt at corespinning with this wool. This time my corespinning turned out much better than the first attempt. I tried this time to spin it thinner, so therefore it wouldn’t be as chunky and get caught in the orifice.
I got around 550 – 600 yards out of this, not counting the 30 or so yards of corespun.
Free Range Bunnies
Steffy (Stefano) has escaped from his cage three times and has been found wandering around the yard! At first I thought I had left his cage door open by accident, but the third time he escaped I had just groomed him and put him back in his cage, so I knew I had fastened the latch right! I watched him for a minute and figured out that the little bugger had been biting the wire of the cage door and shaking it as hard as he could. If he did it for long enough the latch would come unhooked, and then, bunny freedom! I soon fixed that!
Well, thanks for reading! God Bless, Rebekah
So, let’s update. Chloe (French Angora doe) should be about halfway through her first pregnancy!
I finally moved her into the larger doe-with-litter cage so she’ll get used to it for a while before she kindles.
I’m pretty excited about getting some cute baby bunnies! In my 4-5 years of owning rabbits this will be my first litter!
Here’s pictures of my tiny rabbitry right now.
My plan is to keep a few of these babies to fill up the bottom two cages in the white shelter.
I could keep a few bunnies in the breeder doe cage too if I needed to, bringing my total number of Angoras to about 6.
Today I cleaned up the rabbitry area and gave the white shelter a well needed hosing. Feels good to get that done!
Thanks for reading!
God Bless, Rebekah
This is the shelter that I’m building for the wire cage I built in the last tutorial. I bought the black metal shelves at our local hardware store that was going out of business.
They were used as shelves for paint at the hardware store, so they are sturdy, and even better, stand by themselves!
I can put pans on the shelf underneath the cage to catch the droppings, while the cage hangs from the shelf above it.
Now we just have to put the roof on, and I can move Chloe into her new space!
Also, I can put another cage underneath for another doe when I need to.
Thanks for taking the time to look at this post!