Last time you saw the poppy field painting, there was almost no poppies in the field! Now I’ve finished the needle felting part, so I’ll post the photos of this process.
My reference photo
First, using needle felting, I blocked out the shapes of the big foreground poppies, and added shadow from the trees on the distant poppy field.
In retrospect I should have also filled in the bare white areas of the green field.
Here I’ve needle felted shading and more detail to the foreground poppies, reconstructed the the top right corner and right side, and added the midground poppies.
You could also embroider red french knots for the midground poppies instead of needle felting them.
Here I worked on the distant poppy field and hills on the left, adding a little shading, a few trees and defining some rows in the field.
Here I added poppies on the left side, added some green to the distant field, redirected the distant tree shadow, added a little lighter green to the dark trees, put some blue in the sky, and put some more poppies in the right side too.
Thanks for reading my posts!
God Bless, Rebekah
This is the shelter that I’m building for the wire cage I built in the last tutorial. I bought the black metal shelves at our local hardware store that was going out of business.
They were used as shelves for paint at the hardware store, so they are sturdy, and even better, stand by themselves!
I can put pans on the shelf underneath the cage to catch the droppings, while the cage hangs from the shelf above it.
Now we just have to put the roof on, and I can move Chloe into her new space!
Also, I can put another cage underneath for another doe when I need to.
Thanks for taking the time to look at this post!
Here is a wet and needle felted wool painting made to fit the wooden panel on top of a washboard. It’s a male and female cardinal, each sitting on its own post, on a snowy winter day. In a future post I’ll take photos through the process of making a felted painting, so keep checking back!